Saturday, October 22, 2005

Vomit + Nudity = usual class discussion

As I've stated before, M. is a full-time student and a part-time teacher. Of Spanish. She is very busy with school work and grading and what not. Some days we don't see much of each other and she doesn't get a lot of sleep.

So the other night we're laying in bed talking. We haven't seen each other all day. I left before M. got up and she didn't get home until after 11:00pm. Sometime after midnight, we're trying to catch up a little bit on each other's day. M. told me about one of the classes she teaches:

M. : So we talked about dog vomit today in class.
KR : What?
M. : Well, this guy coughed and the sound of it reminded me of when Callie is coughing/gagging and about to throw up.
KR : ... So...you...told this guy "Hey you sound like my dog when it vomits?"
M. : Well not in those words exactly, but basically, yeah.
KR : *rolls eyes in the dark*
M. : And then this girl started talking about how her cat gets car sick and vomits all over everything. The class soon spiraled out of control talking about pet vomit.
KR : Good lord woman! You say the strangest things in your class.
M. : At least I didn't mention your penis again.
KR : *choke cough sputter* WHAT?! YOU'VE MENTIONED MY PENIS IN CLASS BEFORE?!
M. : Weelllll...not so much your penis per se...
KR : Oh for the love of ...
M. : A couple of semesters ago we were talking about foreign films and I mentioned that my old roommate and I liked to rent them. After seeing a few of them, we were surprised at the amount of full frontal male nudity. I commented that you just don't see that everyday. Except, well, I do...since I'm married.
KR : Do you ever actually, you know, teach in this class of yours? Or do you just talk about vomit and wangs all day?
M. : I promise I haven't mentioned your penis since.
KR : Good, I hope not.

Yeah, that's basically how it went. Man I'm glad she's getting out of this teaching gig soon. There's no telling what random strangers know about me.

But it's OK because I found $5.

2 Comments:

At 10/23/2005 6:29 PM, Blogger laura rayburn said...

As a former student of M.'s I can truthfully say that I never heard her mention your penis in class. As for other things...well, let's just let sleeping dogs lie. ;)

 
At 10/24/2005 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for discussion of penees (my own personal plural) in class. Our children today need a good headstart (..no pun intended).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home