Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Dear people,

it must stop. Really, like right now. Just stop.

I'm talking about the expansion of my waistline.

Those of you that have been here before might remember that I lost 30+ pounds over the summer. Well, since the school semester started back in August, I've done nothing but sit on my lazy butt and eat. All those nice clothes that I bought don't fit so well anymore. I spent more on clothes in July and August than I normally would in an entire year (probably).

In years past I'd lose weight and then put it back on, doing the yo-yo dieting thing that most Americans are wont to do. See, my yo-yo's starting to make the trip back up and I want to stop it before it goes too far. I've probably put on 5 to 10 pounds since August. Not good but not as bad as it could be if I was saying this in December.

I need your help.

I'm going to blog my progress. I'll weigh myself every day and post it on here. I'll post what I'm eating and how much exercise I'm doing. If I start to slack off and don't update you on my progress that means I'm slacking off and YOU MUST RIDE MY ASS ABOUT IT. You can help keep me accountable, see? And if anyone wants to join in and get their ass in shape, I'll return the favor and we can help each other.

As an immediate goal I want to do these things within a month
  • Have all my pants fit comfortably again
  • Run a 5k race
I have never run a race before and there's a Turkey Trot 5k here at the university on November 19th so the timing is perfect.

I'll run the 5k distance this week and see how long it takes me and then we'll see how well I've progressed on race day.

To reach my goals, I'm going to hit the gym 5 days a week, watch what I eat, drink a lot of water and get in the bed by 10:30pm.

I have a Tanita body scale so I'll be posting weight and body fat. The thing about the body scale; it's not really all that accurate with the body fat measurement but if I weigh at the same time everyday (first thing in the morning right after I pee) it should at least be mostly consistent.

Huzzah!

1 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 12:19 PM, Blogger John Doom said...

GET ON IT YOU WORTHLESS SACK OF HAM DRIPPINGS! YOU'RE NOT GETTING A BREAK TILL I SEE CRISCO COMING OUT OF THOSE PORES!

- Colonel Lingus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home