Friday, July 22, 2005

I'm in a band!

Actually I'm not but I could be with my new rock star hairdo. Check it.

For the first time in my life, I have straight(ish) hair. I've been thinking about doing this all summer and, well, I did it. This is not so much a Look At Me The Attention Whore post as a This Is An Important Life Event post.

The guy who does hair for the theater shows has a place in Columbus and he's fabulous. Go to Jamie's Salon and ask for Jansen (my bad if I misspelled that). Anyway, I talked to him a few nights ago at rehearsal and he said Come on in, I can totally do that.

So one of the other guys from the show, Lyle, was going to get his hair Jansenized too. I caught a ride with him and it was boys' day at the salon.

It's really different as I've never seen my hair like this before so it's going to take some getting used to. I mean, I've only had insanely curly hair my whole life. Though the more I look at it, the more I like it.

And, of course, I have before and after pics. The "before" is from December. Since then, I've lost a bunch of hair and a bunch of weight. For all following pictures, clickify to biggify. (I didn't really wear my hair like this out in public)

and

And a couple of quick, one-handed "after" snaps. (These aren't very good, maybe I'll to get some better ones up)

and

Oh boy! Summer hair fun. Do other people get an unexplainable urge to mess with their hair during the summer? The past couple of summers I've sprayed A Touch of Sun in it to lighten it up. Well I topped that one this year.

Who knows what it'll look like in a couple of days. I ain't got no hair doing skillz. I usually wet it and put anti-frizz crap in it. It takes all of 13.7 seconds. I think this will take more work. And I can't get it wet for three days. I actually have a shower cap to wear in the shower. Teehee.

6 Comments:

At 7/23/2005 1:48 PM, Blogger John Doom said...

I really want to comment but can't find things to say.
Ummm...
Nice shower cap?

 
At 7/23/2005 8:49 PM, Blogger laura rayburn said...

Whew, I'm glad you got that taken care of. That was the only reservation I had about allowing you to associate with the RWS crew...just kidding, your hair is the least of my worries.

 
At 7/24/2005 10:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You were looking a little Napolean Dynamite in your old hair... new hair is much better. Rock on!

 
At 7/25/2005 11:06 AM, Blogger GeekInBlack said...

I'd agree. The hair is much better then that 1970's nigga look you had going.

All you were missing was the Comb in the hair to make the look complete.

Now you need some tattoo's and some piercing.

 
At 7/26/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger karyrogers said...

Thanks for the positiveness. Unfortunately, I've killed my hair. I washed it this morning and the coolness factor went straight to zero. I couldn't save it. Looks like I'll have to invest in a flat iron or something.

Anyway, re: weight loss.

It's not complicated but it's not "easy" in the sense of taking a magic spill. It's hard work.

I do 50 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. I was lifting weights 2 days a week but now I'm ramping it up to 4 days a week. I eat a small meal every 3 to 4 hours.

A really good starting point is the book Body-for-Life.

I was busting out of a size 38 pants but now I'm comfortably in a size 34.

This is about 12 weeks worth of work. I've made a lot of progress but I still have more to go.

 
At 7/27/2005 2:06 PM, Blogger GeekInBlack said...

Try again with the Hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home