Friday, June 24, 2005

Must. Run. Faster.

So I got pwn3d today by some teenage girls. Here's what happened.

I went to the gym this morning to do my cardio workout. I usually do 50 minutes. Today I did 40 minutes because I planned to run around the lake that's next to the Sanderson Center. It's probably about a mile or so around. So I'm already soaked with sweat from the elliptical and stairclimber machines inside when I set off for my run outside.

Half way around, I'm starting to feel pretty winded and tired. About three quarters of the way, I'm (barely) running along side the "main" entrance to campus and there's one of those little things cops put out to show you how fast you're driving. I think the point is to encourage people to slow down.

Anyway, as I come up to it, there aren't any cars coming up behind me but it's registering 8 or 9 mph. I'm like I know I ain't running that fast; I might be doing 3 mph. And then zoom this little high school looking girl comes flying by me. I'm all Heck naw, she ain't out running me.

Well she did. By a looong shot. Then like three more girls catch up to me but by then I'd made it all the way around and was quitting.

Now these girls were chatting and stretching outside when I started my run. They probably started when I was already halfway around and they still caught me. Dang.

Now I present to you my totally good and valid excuses as to why I got smoked by some teenyboppers:
  • I had already done 40 minutes of cardio and they hadn't even broken a sweat yet
  • They are quite a bit younger than me
  • I had to poop. Really, it's hard to run when you gotta go twosies

It was the first time I actually ran outside in my new shoes. I didn't strain or pull anything. I'll write up a review of said shoes in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home